View Single Post
(#22 (permalink))
Old
cranks (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-11-2010, 03:19 AM

Haters? You must be joking. I found both of you were rather fond of Japan. But you guy's do a lot of dude talks which is fine with me, but may be offensive to some people. And the period and stuff? Dude that's not cool you know that. We have different kinds of people from Japanese teenage girls to a British lady who is in her 70's.

When Nyororin talks, I often find there is nothing else I can add. She does understand Japanese culture very well and she speaks better English than I (duh), so there isn't much I can contribute.

GoNative is more pragmatic. You probably understand many pragmatic points about Japan. But I don't think you are THAT interested in the Japanese culture itself. Not as much as Nyyororin anyways. WingsToDiscovery seems to be in a culture shock right now.

Calling Japanese food "gross" is fine. I KNOW many English speaking people think that way and it's typical. You know what though? I'll be completely honest with you. Many Japanese people will think you are kind of culturally lower than them. They'll think you are immature, but they just won't say it in your face because that's just rude and they know you are from a different culture so they'll give you a break. Culinary art is really "art" in Japan, and you are rather barbaric in the light of Japanese culture at least when food is concerned.

There are many points I like about the culture among the English speaking countries though. I think English speaking people put up more mature, constructive arguments in general compared to Japanese people who often avoid an argument altogether.

Last edited by cranks : 11-11-2010 at 03:26 AM.