View Single Post
(#26 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

11-13-2010, 02:38 PM

I've frequented these forums heavily over the last years, and although I might not post at times, I would always read.

When it comes to fanatics, Japanforum is in a much better state than it used to be roughly a year or so ago. It was almost chaotic back then. It seems to have calmed down to a point now, and is a pleasant place to discuss.

However, I have noticed that GoNative and Wings are in a sort of disagreement with most other people over Japan.

Go/Wings. I understand that you both live in Japan, and you have your own opinions. I understand that ofcourse, you can't love everything about the country you are living in. That is natural. Yet, I think what you two are missing here is the fact that your opinions (as legit as they might be) will not always be correct.

Let me just say it as I've seen it. You've said something negative about Japan. Someone defends Japan against you. An argument ensues. That person claims that you are a hater of Japan. And you claim that person is a fanatic of Japan. Both sides of that argument are incorrect. As much as you are entitled to have a negative comment about Japan, another person has as much right to have a positive view of the same subject.

Unfortunately, I don't have as much experience as many people on these forums when it comes to living in Japan. Yet, I've travelled to Japan multiple times now, and have travelled around it too.

Yet, something I've noticed, is that the majority of arguments that spawn over this, isn't actually about Japan. It's more about the culture clash you may be experiencing, and finding hard to come to grips with. And because of this, arguments spawn.

That said, I don't actually find the need for this thread. I don't know what it was meant to accomplish, since it seems to be a thread that consists of subtly pointing fingers towards people, and making claims that are the result of arguments that were taken too personally.

A debate is a debate. Don't make it personal, and we wouldn't have these problems.