View Single Post
(#27 (permalink))
Old
HikoSeijuro (Offline)
New to JF

11-20-2010, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvanas View Post
A debate is a debate. Don't make it personal, and we wouldn't have these problems.
I agree with your entire post but wanted to re-iterate what you're saying at the end. It's the dxmn emotions that always get the better of us!

John Braden said: "I don't like labeling people-it's not wise."

I've only seen a few of your posts but enjoy reading them and the labeling of people seems to be a serious issue here. There are elitists here that feel they have more of a right to enjoy a specific culture than others and will list reasons why they feel they are justified. TO THEM: If you think someone who likes Japan is a "weeaboo" then live with it, kind of chuckle to yourself, get OVER yourself, and move on. They enjoy something that is not harmful to anyone.

MMM said: "Very few debates that happen on JF are over facts. They are over experiences and opinions."

Nicely said in a non-emotional and non-provoking way.

There are racists everywhere...to say you have friends who laugh at certain other people means absolutely nothing. We ALL have seen or known friends and/or acquaintances that make fun of, or laugh at, various groups of people.

Maybe you need to find better friends who aren't so inclined to judge.

Remember: How you treat the 1 shows how you regard the 99. In the end we are ALL a "one". If someone laughs at a person because they are poor, "ugly", "stupid", or an "outsider" if things change in your life you could find yourself in that poor, "ugly", "stupid" or "outsider" person's shoes being judged by the "friends" you thought you had.

Life is a marathon; not a 40 yard dash.

A superior psychology, mastery of self, and a clean arse are the keys to happiness.