View Single Post
(#29 (permalink))
Old
HikoSeijuro (Offline)
New to JF

11-21-2010, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolNard View Post
The question is rhetorical. If anyone were to give either answer, that's nonsense. If you love everything, you're not living on earth, because everything contradicts everything in a relative way. If you're a hater, you wouldn't even wanna live, anymore; for what is your purpose, then?

And about discussions on Japan or any other issues, I believe I've said it before, but I'll say it again, anyway. Stick to facts and logical calculations, when addressing the masses, who aren't your personal penpal. No matter how you relay that information, facts are empirical and can't be subjective. People argue a lot because they're often short on facts, therefore there is always an element of conjecture. If people argue over philosophy, being "short on facts" can't be helped. But I think a lot of inquiries here don't require open-ended answers, but simple yes or no answers, with some advice provided. To be frank, I've seen how some people responding to these questions can be verbose and totally derail into something opinionated, in their first response without even bothering to touch the question. I just find it weird.
Unless you speak for the person who initially posed the question is it your right to tell us it was rhetorical i.e. that nobody should have answered it?

Facts are good and opinions are interesting though some people misconstrue opinions and feelings for facts. Speaking of facts where are your facts on how someone who hates doesn't want to live anymore? Or is this more of a feeling you get when you imagine how someone would feel who is a constant hater? You ask what their purpose is so I am assuming you aren't a perpetual hater but maybe their purpose is to hate, to play devil's advocate, or just to not "get your hopes up" because as soon as you do you're let down.

Speaking of totally derailing something into an opinion...you took someone's question, berated everyone for answering a rhetorical question, posted your feelings on how a hater would feel, and then berated people for speaking about opinions rather than sticking to facts.

Your opinion is to speak only on facts and logical calculations because you believe that it is a factual statement that facts and logical calculations are the "right" way to communicate. However, I think it's good to talk about opinions, experiences, people's assumptions, and beliefs but just as long as we realize that they are in fact these and not something else.

Life is a marathon; not a 40 yard dash.

A superior psychology, mastery of self, and a clean arse are the keys to happiness.