Yours Rightfully Insolent

Send a message via MSN to CoolNard
11-21-2010, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTakeshi View Post
-

Thesaurus all over my head.

That's my 2cent.
Sorry, I don't understand your one-liner summations. I don't wanna assume again, so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HikoSeijuro View Post
Unless you speak for the person who initially posed the question is it your right to tell us it was rhetorical i.e. that nobody should have answered it?
It's not my right to make you guys adhere to my opinions, but it is my right to post them, within the boundaries of the rules. Besides, from a neutral, unemotional perspective, I was only stating facts. Love everything or hate everything? Who can, honestly? That question is not only rhetorical, it's a paradox. But more than anything, that question, I believe, was meant for us to think about what we hate or love, and why.

Quote:
Facts are good and opinions are interesting though some people misconstrue opinions and feelings for facts. Speaking of facts where are your facts on how someone who hates doesn't want to live anymore? Or is this more of a feeling you get when you imagine how someone would feel who is a constant hater? You ask what their purpose is so I am assuming you aren't a perpetual hater but maybe their purpose is to hate, to play devil's advocate, or just to not "get your hopes up" because as soon as you do you're let down.
How can someone who has nothing to live for, rather, hates every single thing, including his own life, want to live? Pray do tell. If no one has an answer for me, or if it hasn't happened, then it's still a fact. It's not a feeling, it's knowledge I've gained after various discussions on similar concepts. You don't understand. I'm taking an extreme point of view here, since the thread implies "everything". Going by your alleged claims, those people still possess a love or reason for doing something, which is the reason I think there is no such thing as a complete hater.

Quote:
Speaking of totally derailing something into an opinion...you took someone's question, berated everyone for answering a rhetorical question, posted your feelings on how a hater would feel, and then berated people for speaking about opinions rather than sticking to facts.
"berated everyone"? No, please read my comment, again. I only said that because I didn't doubt anyone's intelligence on this forum. Have you seen anyone actually giving an absolute answer prior to hating or loving everything? Look, really, read my entire post before you berate me. I understand where you're coming from; no, I understood, that's why I didn't include those conditions and exceptions about being opinionated for nothing. And for the record, I wasn't derailing. What you probably mean is 'flamming', although I didn't do that, too.

Quote:
Your opinion is to speak only on facts and logical calculations because you believe that it is a factual statement that facts and logical calculations are the "right" way to communicate. However, I think it's good to talk about opinions, experiences, people's assumptions, and beliefs but just as long as we realize that they are in fact these and not something else.
I rest my case on how you've wrongly accused me, but I won't blame you; my post was quite lengthy, after all. I agree with you that sharing opinions, experiences, etc can be good, but as you have already justified for me, "as long as we realize that they are in fact these". That in itself is a fact.

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.