Old
Kasomi (Offline)
Languages Addict

Send a message via MSN to Kasomi
01-07-2011, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanny View Post
i am not mixing up anything. it's just my view when it comes to word "speak"
lvl4 isn't part of my understanding of the word "speak the language".
it's good for you and how much you have done but my reply was more intended to Robin who stated that's amazing that you speak in 5 languages.
and conversation level means ability to converse about anything - politics, social issues and not just about the food, weather or basic history in my point of view.
you're right saying i don't know how high your skills are but taking that english is your best 2nd language by far and by the way you use it i can tell that the rest of them aren't anything to write home about.
Now I'm lost. Okay, I surrender. I don't "speak" Japanese in your point of view. And probably that you are right about that. Maybe if you don't get the conversationnal level you can't properly "speak" a language. BUT I think that Robin's comment was okay. He neither knows my level anyway. I didn't start that thread to boast or anything, I was curious about others, why they started learning Japanese. Never said I was done or anything near that. Oh, and I think you should use capitals at the beginning of your sentences, at some point I was lost in your post.

And I didn't understand that last thing you said, about "anything to write home about"... what did you mean. That my English isn't well enough, or that in comparison the other languages must not be at the same level as my English is? Sometimes I don't get some things because I live in a French-only environement, so... there are some expressions that I truly don't know/understand. Please precise your thought for me You can PM me if you want, so that other users can come up with their own answer to the first post:

Why did you start learning Japanese? So far we have many answers. We need more!

僕は静かな見物人なんだよ。
すべてを見て、聞いているよ。

Sème le vent, récolte la tempête;
Sème le bonheur, tu récolteras l'amour.