(#26 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

01-08-2011, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanny View Post
looks like i did. my bad.
even so. how big of a cry baby you have to be to whine about expression "nothing to write home about" and say it's an insult? specially when it comes to conversations on the internet and when they are not aimed at you?
expression perfectly sums up my thoughts - there is some basis and some skill but like i said...nothing to write home about.

what exactly do you mean by the expression
"Nothing to write home about."

Is that literal that you do not have anything to write home about--maybe because you already are at home.

It is an odd expression after all.

I actually feel that you are very condescending towards other language learners. As though You are superior to them. You write as though your language skills are better than others.

We should be encouraging people-- not discouraging by some rather rude comments.

In life-- if others put us down make us feel inadequate-- that is not at all helpful is it?

I once lived with some one like that-- made me feel inferior-- which caused loss of confidence.

You may think that your mastery of languages is superior to others but unless you speak to them face to face you do not have that right.

Now You could say to ME that I am not working hard enough to learn Japanese language-- and you would be correct.

it's like some piano teachers who rap their pupils fingers when they make mistakes--which is totally soul destroying.

Encouragement can bring forth greater achievements than constant criticism.

Last edited by dogsbody70 : 01-08-2011 at 08:45 AM.