View Single Post
(#77 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

01-08-2011, 05:35 AM

I'm Familer with the theme, it wasn't lost on me. Star trek tried to present socialsit type ideals as a Grand idea but mankind would pretty much ruin that because of who and what his is. History paints us in a very bloody brush.

I understand building the DS parts and haveing them assembled. You still wouldn't have slaves do that, and you would still need technical staff for repairs and maintenance. Plus all those civilians who built the spare parts on other planets, not to mention building all those Star Destroyer fleets. Technically those planets are all legit targets for the "resistance".

The Resistance could shoot down Star Destroyers sure..but it cost them more than the empire, because they didn't have the resources to maintain such large number's of ships. Tradeing ship for ship against someone with 100 times more capacity than you is a looseing battle.

A Star Destroyer can put out roughly 60 Horishima's a minute, that's the base firepower of 60 heavy turbo Lasers. ( They did a Kilo Jewel test at some school) A Super Star Destroyer at 12,000 meters, was several times the size of a Star Destroyer, wich was itself 1600 meters. Thus it could pump out a massive amout of damage very quickly.

That's why I personally think the DS was a waste of time. The emperor could have built 100 Star Destroyers with what he used to build those stupid DS's. It would take alot more effort for the resistance to try and take out those 100 Star Destroyers, than relying on some lucky shot for the DS.