View Single Post
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

Send a message via MSN to Suki
01-11-2011, 09:27 PM

Hey there Sal, we meet again.

First of all, lay back. I know it looks like way too much to handle right now, but it's not as bad as it seems. It's a baby! Your baby. There's no way having a baby can be bad news. Or too much of one, anyway. I mean, this might not be the best of times and you had a whole bright future ahead of you and you might have to rearrange it, but not all is lost! You don't have to drop your studies forever, you might just need to put them off until everything's settled down. I know when you first hear it's like crazy and you can't believe it is you this is happening to, but if you're able to analyze the situation from a different perspective you might find you're not as unlucky as you think.

Your girlfriend's made a decision. I don't know how much of your opinion she took into account when making her final decision, but either way, want it or not, you are in this situation and you're gonna have to face it, so might as well make a good experience out of it, since it's your child and you're gonna see things from a total different point of view once you take it all in and embrace the fact that you are going to be a dad. Really, once the scary part's over, you're gonna be excited about it.

Just keep one thing in mind. You're the father of this child and nothing can change that, but you're not attached to the girl forever. If you feel you don't want to be in this relationship anymore, you should tell her. Not the best timing, but it's best to be honest right from the start. It'll be way worse if you let her go on thinking you're okay with her, and later on when the baby arrives you break things up with her. Maybe she'll change her mind about wanting to keep it if she knows you want out of the relationship. Anyway, you can still be a father to that child without having to be a boyfriend to the mother. It makes things more complicated, but it's just silly to stay with someone you don't want to be with, and if that's how it is then your girlfriend deserves to know. It's your baby and you can't run away from it, but you can be honest with your girlfriend if you're not thinking of staying with her.

I wish you luck with whatever it is you choose to do. Things will be fine, you can do this if you want to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
She's 19, she sounds pretty stupid for wanting to keep it at that age when you are at University.
Stupid? Having an abortion is not an easy decision to make. She must have her reasons why she doesn't want one. It's up to her, and deciding to keep it isn't a stupid decision to make. Having a baby while you're still at University might not be the best scenario, but it shouldn't be the only reason you base your decision on if you choose to have an abortion. Sure she's gonna have it tough, but she can manage to do both, being a mom and keep up with her uni studies.

everything is relative and contradictory ~

Last edited by Suki : 01-11-2011 at 09:29 PM.