View Single Post
(#26 (permalink))
Old
GoNative (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

01-12-2011, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsbody70 View Post
well MIss MIsa I am beginning to think that you are a male judging by many of your comments.

So if you were male you would skedaddle. It's not your problem but then, judging by many of your previous posts you don't really like children do you?

It's sso easy to shirk responsibility isn't it.

Never mind what happens to the child.

This world is full of men who just disappear from the scene.

bet You would.

Ah yes giving Birth-- I had three children-- first one died after a too long labour--- think I know a little about it-- and no mother to help me out either.
Who the hell do you think you are? Don't like children? You really do seem to let loose at times only to come back and apologise a post or two later. Maybe you should actually read what you write before pressing submit. Or are you really such a spiteful old lady?

The point here is that both parties had taken precautions against having a child. Neither had planned on having a child. The father certainly doesn't appear to be overly ready to take on the mantle of fathership. If he chooses to take on the responsibility then that's great. I just don't believe it is fair that his entire life is now completely changed because of an accident. Legally I would assume that he will have to pay child support whether he chooses to be part of the childs life or not. Still bringing the child into the world is the mothers choice. In this case where both parties were being responsible about contraception I don't think it is fair the father should be held to ransom, emotionally and financially if he doesn't wish for the pregnancy to go ahead. Her choice, her responsibility.

I was 38 when we had our daughter and in a very comfortable financial position and emotionally quite ready. Although it did take us nearly 3 years of trying before finally getting pregnant. I can barely imagine the stress the OP is going through being possibly forced against his will to take on the incredible responsibility of being a father at an age that no one should even be thinking of such things.

Last edited by GoNative : 01-12-2011 at 01:03 PM.