View Single Post
(#27 (permalink))
Old
princessmarisa (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-12-2011, 12:24 PM

Not sure where my post went, but to sum it up.

We let Mothers have a choice if they want to become Mums so therefore we cannot force Fathers to become Dads.

It is not running away if he said from the start he doesn't want a child, then before birth decides to have nothing to do with the child ever (other than any legal financial obligations - I don't always agree with these but you cannot flaunt the law)

The mother should respect this and as she chose to have the child (she chose to have it because she didn't abort or give it up for adoption) it is her sole responsibility and she cannot demand support from anyone else.

If he wants to stay with the gf but not be a Dad this is practically impossible, just as it is impossible to get involved with a woman with a child in a serious long term relationship without become some kind of step-dad.

He has been forced into the choice of staying with her and becoming a Dad, or leaving her and deciding if he wants to have the Dad role or not. Society will pressure him into being the Dad to the child even though he doesn't want to either way.

I feel really concerned for OP and hope he finds a way through it that he finds agreeable. Don't listen to society and do what you want for yourself, do not feel pressured or forced to do anything you don't want if you can help it, stand your ground! Good Luck

Fighting ignorance and slaying a few narutards whilst I am at it.