View Single Post
(#3 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

01-12-2011, 04:23 PM

That is really interesting Nyroroin, also very understandable.
also a shame though if there really is hardship. I would hope the STATE would try to help these elderly people.

sometimes over here a widow or widower will move close to their families, some even move in with them-- but that can be very tricky indeed,
maybe if there is a way for a relative to help out by aranging some form of help for a parent?

I have heard that here in UK there will be less State help for the elderly-- especially those stuck at home who cannot get out at all

I have friends who visit and do work for the elderly so they can remain at home-- so called Care in the Community== but recently was told that there has been a reduction in the carers wages. So it is worrying indeed.
My son tells me he will chuck me into a HOME. Umm- I might have something to say about That-- but refuse to be a burden to him or his sister. we could certainly never live together in the same house Ha ha.

Sometimes if there is a separate Annexe where the old person could stay-- close to family but Not get in the way--may often work.

Older people do like to keep their independence as long as is possible of course.

We try to help some who are stuck at home-- by doing shopping for them, or helping in other ways.

A Chinese friend of ours has her elderly mother staying with her over here in UK. she would never leave her mother to struggle on her own she says they respect their elders and care for them.