View Single Post
(#37 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

01-12-2011, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
If you wear a condom, take your pill properly and also take the morning after pill if things 'go wrong' then the risk is SO minute it barely counts. It's not what I'd call risky, no, if you take the correct precautions. It's no more risky then getting in your car to drive to work. If you class that as risky then everything must be risky to you.
Tell this to the OP.

The RISK PERCENTAGE may be minute, but the RISK RESULTS are gigantic for the lives of two (or now three) people.

Let's say the risk of making a baby while using a condom is 0.01%, meaning 1 in 10,000 times a pregnancy happens.

What if instead of talking about pregnancy, we were talking the risk of a nuclear radiation leak. If the government told a community that the risk of nuclear radiation leakage hitting the water supply and infecting the water was only 0.01% there would be public outrage.

The RISK PERCENTAGE is low, but the RESULTS are huge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki View Post
Man, this gets the prize for being the silliest thing I've read on this board.

What do you suggest, people stay away from having sex unless they are ready to have a child? Psh. Really, this is just plain stupid.
What is so stupid about it? Would you give your car keys to someone who didn't have a driver's license? Would you send your child to school if the teachers were not trained and prepared to teach?

This reminds me of a line from the movie Parenthood:

"You know, Mrs. Buckman, you need a license to buy a dog, to drive a car - hell, you even need a license to catch a fish. But they'll let any butt-reaming a$$hole be a father. "

Unfortunately people have the only "license" required to be a father or mother once they hit puberty.

I am not telling anyone what to do or what not to do, but just as if you driving without a license is irresponsible, engaging in sex without being prepared for the potential consequences is not responsible.