(#39 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

Send a message via MSN to Suki
01-12-2011, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
What is so stupid about it? Would you give your car keys to someone who didn't have a driver's license? Would you send your child to school if the teachers were not trained and prepared to teach?

This reminds me of a line from the movie Parenthood:

"You know, Mrs. Buckman, you need a license to buy a dog, to drive a car - hell, you even need a license to catch a fish. But they'll let any butt-reaming a$$hole be a father. "

Unfortunately people have the only "license" required to be a father or mother once they hit puberty.

I am not telling anyone what to do or what not to do, but just as if you driving without a license is irresponsible, engaging in sex without being prepared for the potential consequences is not responsible.
Look at you deviating from your original statement.

You said "A man agrees to have a baby with a woman the moment he puts his thing inside her", which means that -according to you- no man who isn't ready to be a father should ever have sex, until he feels he is ready and can deal with the responsabilities that may come with it.

This logic is bullshit, in my opinion. The only purpose of sex isn't to make babies, and you know that.

So what you are saying isn't much different from saying it's okay for people to die when doing extreme sports, such as mountain-climbing, because they know what the risks are before doing it, so they knew what was coming to them, and so it's fair. See my point?

People won't give up sex because of that, and yeah, it is very stupid to say people shouldn't have sex unless they're ready to become a parent. Because there's more to sex than breeding, and you seem to be old enough to have realized that by now.

everything is relative and contradictory ~