View Single Post
(#61 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

01-13-2011, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoNative View Post
I just feel in this particular situation where both parties had been taking contraceptive precautions then there is basically an assumption that a child is not the desired outcome of their sexual relationship and this is understood by both. Due to an unlucky course of events pregnancy has occurred. It hasn't occurred due to either party being irresponsible. With this in mind if she now wishes to continue with the birth then I don't see how it is fair to force the male to be a father against his wishes. If they weren't both taking contraceptive precautions then I would think very differently about this. But since they were I really believe there is a good argument to be made that a child was definitely not desired and has only occurred due to an accident. To be held responsible for that for the rest of your life is one hell of a burden in my book, considering the options available.
If you can't do the time, don't do the crime. If you don't want to be a father, don't have sex. The odds might be teeny-tiny, but so are the odds of winning the lottery, but eventually someone does it. 1.25 million babies were born to unmarried teens in the US in 2009.

If I am talking on my cell-phone and rear end the car in front of me, is that not my fault?

If I drink and drive and crash into someone's home should I not have to pay that family because "I didn't mean to"?

If a child was "definitely not desired" then why are we engaging in the one activity that makes children?

Contraception like condoms and the pill are not 100%. Everyone knows this.

The sex was a mutual decision, so the results are a mutual responsibility.