View Single Post
(#62 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

01-13-2011, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
If you can't do the time, don't do the crime. If you don't want to be a father, don't have sex. The odds might be teeny-tiny, but so are the odds of winning the lottery, but eventually someone does it. 1.25 million babies were born to unmarried teens in the US in 2009.

If I am talking on my cell-phone and rear end the car in front of me, is that not my fault?

If I drink and drive and crash into someone's home should I not have to pay that family because "I didn't mean to"?

If a child was "definitely not desired" then why are we engaging in the one activity that makes children?

Contraception like condoms and the pill are not 100%. Everyone knows this.

The sex was a mutual decision, so the results are a mutual responsibility.
Yes... a MUTUAL responsibility.

There is nothing mutual about a woman holding a man hostage with a child he doesn't want.

Furthermore.. I find your attitude to sex a little outdated and your analogies don't reflect the mutual sentiment you claim to advocate nor does it accurately reflect the dilemma here.

(drinking and driving into a house or talking on a cellphone while driving are the result of individual, not mutual complacency. Tell me MMM... is the driver of the car the man and the owner of the house the female? I think I'm going to withold my Freudian judgement

just kidding)

If I would create an analogy that more accurately reflects this dilemma and ultimately what I think are healthy attitudes towards sex I would use orienteering.

You're both planning to end up in one place, you take a wrong turn and end up in another. All of a sudden your partner who is carrying some of your equipment decides that they prefer this destination (or they deceived you and planned it all along).

Last edited by Ronin4hire : 01-13-2011 at 06:08 AM.