View Single Post
(#71 (permalink))
Old
GoNative (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

01-13-2011, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
If you can't do the time, don't do the crime. If you don't want to be a father, don't have sex. The odds might be teeny-tiny, but so are the odds of winning the lottery, but eventually someone does it. 1.25 million babies were born to unmarried teens in the US in 2009.

If I am talking on my cell-phone and rear end the car in front of me, is that not my fault?

If I drink and drive and crash into someone's home should I not have to pay that family because "I didn't mean to"?

If a child was "definitely not desired" then why are we engaging in the one activity that makes children?

Contraception like condoms and the pill are not 100%. Everyone knows this.

he sex was a mutual decision, so the results are a mutual responsibility.
All your examples above are of people being irresponsible. This couple wasn't being irresponsible. From what I can tell they were doing pretty much all you could reasonably expect to avoid a pregnancy. There is a big difference compared to a couple who took no precautions and ended up pregnant.

The result was completely unexpected and not desired or why have sex with contraceptives? You can reasonably expect that the chances of a pregnancy when using the pill and a condom are pretty slim. This idea that unless you are prepared to have a child don't have sex is utterly ridiculous and sounds like something the religious right in US love to preach. Are you one of these religious nuts MMM? (Oh sorry not allowed to discuss religion...gee wonder why? ).

So according to you there's a mutual responsibility even though he was being completely responsible right along with the expectation that no child would be created. And she has decided to have the baby regardless of what his feelings about it are? Where's the mutual decision to start a family? There is none, but it's ok then for her to go ahead with it and expect him to be there? Nothing mutual about that at all...