View Single Post
(#38 (permalink))
Old
princessmarisa (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-13-2011, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Hostess bars are not places to look for sex. There are no "champagne rooms" in the back where you can expect sexual relations. Everything happens in the open, and that is flirtatious conversation with essentially no chance of sexual activity. Girls that have sex with their customers lose their jobs, because the customers stop coming back... they move onto the next one.

These are considered to be in a completely different category as pink salons, massage parlors, or soaplands, where the point is sexual activity (though legally not "all the way".) There is nothing to be ashamed of by going to hostess bars, and I often went with colleagues and friends, both male and female. Does that clear it up a little?
Yeah I think we are still misunderstanding each other a little though, when we were essentially saying the same thing. By massage I don't mean anything sexual, just like a private booth where you might get a fully clothed backrub or shoulder rub in a light flirty way? Does even this level of contact not happen in some hostess bars?

The second category you are talking about are what I was trying to call "the sort of hostess bars that employ SE Asians and are in shadier districts" I just didn't know the terminology, so sorry if I confused by labelling them as a type of hostess bar, I always saw them as very different places.

For anyone else interested in learning more, such as the OPs:

I saw a really interesting documentary on male host bars once:
THE GREAT HAPPINESS SPACE

Stratosphere girl Stratosphere Girl (2004) - IMDb is fictional but touches on some aspects of hostessing too.

Fighting ignorance and slaying a few narutards whilst I am at it.