View Single Post
(#39 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

01-13-2011, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmarisa View Post
Yeah I think we are still misunderstanding each other a little though, when we were essentially saying the same thing. By massage I don't mean anything sexual, just like a private booth where you might get a fully clothed backrub or shoulder rub in a light flirty way? Does even this level of contact not happen in some hostess bars?
There may be some physical contact in a hostess bar, but everything happens in the open. Hostesses are not masseuses. A brief shoulder rub or might happen, but in many hostess clubs the girls will never come out from behind the counter, so physical contact would practically be impossible. The mama regulates where the girls go, who they talk to, and whether or not they can sit down with them.

Quote:
The second category you are talking about are what I was trying to call "the sort of hostess bars that employ SE Asians and are in shadier districts" I just didn't know the terminology, so sorry if I confused by labelling them as a type of hostess bar, I always saw them as very different places.
I think you are talking about two different things here, but it is easy to mix up, as there is some gray zone, I think. I have been to a Filipino hostess club before, and they basically cater to Filipino clients... Filipino men living in Japan... They weren't prostitutes, but I heard that some of them dabbled on the side. On the other hand, there are brothels (I understand) where you can find Russian women or Chinese women or women from other countries nearby less off than Japan. My sense is these places do not discriminate against foreigners.

Quote:
For anyone else interested in learning more, such as the OPs:

I saw a really interesting documentary on male host bars once:
THE GREAT HAPPINESS SPACE

Stratosphere girl Stratosphere Girl (2004) - IMDb is fictional but touches on some aspects of hostessing too.

Last edited by MMM : 01-13-2011 at 11:44 PM.