View Single Post
(#87 (permalink))
Old
NanteNa (Offline)
sixth gun.

Send a message via Skype™ to NanteNa
01-14-2011, 08:41 PM

I'm quite surprised that you'd return to this forum with a thread like this. I'm gonna greet you with a 'Congratulations' and a virtual hug - because honestly... a child is not the worst thing that can happen to you.

I know that it may seem incredibly scary, but if your parents aren't supportive of you in this, they don't deserve calling themselves parents... How can you indicate towards your own child, that if they follow a certain path of life (having a child at an early age), then your gonna cut them off? That doesn't sound like parental love to me. I'm not trying to bring your parents down, but I've known you for a while. You're a great person and I'm COMPLETELY confident that you're gonna be an awesome dad. Hell, I'd trust you with my kids if I got the chance.

What you need to do now is focus on what you CAN do, instead of strangling yourself with thoughts of what you can't do. It's not impossible to go to Uni and be a parent - a lot of young girls here do it all the time (and their boyfriends didn't even bother enough to stay by their side). Are there any parental groups for young fathers or young parents in general near where you live? Cause what you need the most right now is support.. It's really frustrating, I can imagine, but you need to convince yourself that everything is gonna be fine..

When the baby is born, and you look into those gentle eyes, hold those tiny hands and feel the warmth coming from that tiny body when you hold them - you'll be ashamed for thinking that life is already over cause of this. Again, a child is DEFINITELY not the worst thing that can happen to people.

BTW; if you need a talk.. I'm only a PM away :3

[ <-- Jordan's heart! \(Ò_ó)/ ]
Follow me on TUMBLR
"Well if a chick has a problem with the way I conduct myself I'd draw the bitch
a map to the nearest exit and stamp "fuck off" on her forehead."
- Pot Roast

Last edited by NanteNa : 01-14-2011 at 08:44 PM.