View Single Post
(#88 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

01-14-2011, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I did understand your analogy, Ronin. I just addressed them in a different order.

It's your car, right Ronin. You tell who can get in, and who cannot. You tell where the car goes, and where it doesn't. Where your car goes is your responsibility, no?
If the car is the penis then yes... You are responsible.

Your analogy works for STD's. But not pregnancy. If we change the analogy to be you parking your car but then ending up having to pay a ticket for an unmarked parking area perhaps it more accurate.

But even then we're missing the other person which I said makes all the difference.

Quote:
Yes, it takes two to tango (unless one is raping the other). When we say it takes two to tango that means both people are responsible for the results. Are you disagreeing with this?
Sure both people are responsible. But the dilemma being presented here is that only one person is making the decision. Which is ultimately fine... but I don't think men should be in any way obliged to support a child that they do not wish to raise from the very beginning.

Quote:
Then please explain it to me.

If you are saying my analogies are inaccurate, please explain how.

Fundamentally, are you not responsible for your actions.

Just to be clear, I am not saying people shouldn't have sex. People should have all the sex they want and all the sex they can get. All I am saying is take responsibility for your actions. I am hearing "I didn't MEAN to have a baby," and "I wore a condom so..." So what? If you make a baby, and your girl wants to keep it, you are going to be a father. That's reality. It's not a judgement call or a moral finger-point. It's reality. You can either be a man and be your child's father, or be a dead-beat dad and hit the road.
I've explained above.

But I don't disagree with your final statement. I think it's funny how you say it's not a judgement or a moral finger point and then say that you're a man for making one choice and a deadbeat making the other.

If during the first stages of pregnancy when a woman can still abort, but she wants to keep the child and he doesn't, I don't think you're less of a man for abandoning the child.

She should be free to make her decision to keep the child if she so wants and live with the consequences (another reason why your analogy doesn't work because it places no responsibility on the woman) and the man should be free to choose whether to support it or not.

Bear in mind once a woman passes the stage in her pregnancy where she cannot abort, THEN I agree that the man is obliged to take care of it .. but up untill then it's fine in my opinion.