(#60 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
01-15-2011, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsbody70 View Post
often when a woman has a miscarriage there is something wrong with the foetus or baby or she cannot contain it for some reason.
Or there is something wrong with her. Or it`s just a total fluke. Or... The body figures that a baby could not survive the circumstances.
The body has mechanisms that can initiate a miscarriage (or prevent pregnancy to begin with...) when it feels that the baby has a low chance of survival. In first world countries this is pretty rare - bodies aren`t often put in serious long term situations of stress. But even if the body is perfectly cared for, emotional issues (just not wanting the baby) alone can sometimes be strong enough to trigger one.

Quote:
Nature is supposed to know best-- what about the babies that are born prematurely? Many can be kept alive from very early stages these days.
Sure, they can be kept alive. But in the long term is that really best for them? Babies born very early are often born for similar reasons as a miscarriage would happen at earlier stages - something wrong with the baby, something wrong with the mother's body, etc.
Thinking of the babies themselves... Have you ever seen what they do to premature babies? They suffer through countless horrific procedures, know virtually nothing but endless pain, all in the slim hope that they`ll survive (most don`t)... And those who do survive end up more often than not with serious health and developmental issues.

-------------

Anyway, I think that a lot of people confuse support for the choice to have an abortion with support for abortions (as in feeling they`re a positive thing), and support for later term abortions. I have never met anyone who approves of allowing abortions after it even looks like a tiny baby, let alone after viability. Come to think of it, I don`t really think I`ve ever encountered someone who even thought abortions were a positive thing at all. The opinion seems to be that they are a negative thing, but a better option that some others and a last resort choice that should be available.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.