View Single Post
(#82 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
01-20-2011, 10:04 AM

Why even worry about the terminology?
I consider myself anti-abortion - but I also consider myself pro-choice. I can personally be against whatever I like, but it`s not my place to cast judgement on, or to control what other people do with their lives. It is their choice to make. Me choosing another option is no different.

I`d personally prefer that people didn`t make irresponsible choices, but I`d rather a choice be available... Not because I want them to make a choice I don`t like, but because in denying someone else the ability to make their own choices there is little I could say should someone deny me the ability to make my own choices.

One cannot assume that their choices and opinions are "right" for anyone but themselves. You also never know what will happen and how your outlook will change.

While I consider myself anti-abortion, I was put in a situation where I ended up choosing to abort a pregnancy. It was inevitable, we were given pretty much no hope of the pregnancy being viable - but the doctors wanted to wait for there to be a clear danger to my health so that it would be completely covered by insurance (abortion when there is hope of survival for the child, however low the chances may be, is elective).
I`m not religious, but would prefer not to actively "kill" something with a beating heart... We opted for the elective procedure very early in the pregnancy so that I could feel better about not having stopped a heart.

Even though I do not like abortion, still can`t say I approve of abortion as a way to prevent an unwanted child... And do not think I could or would ever be able to bring myself to have one to get rid of an unwanted pregnancy... I am very glad that the choice was available.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.