View Single Post
(#88 (permalink))
Old
princessmarisa (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-21-2011, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryzorian View Post
I had a friend in Highschool who Survived an abortion..tell me, was she alive? because she was aborted before birth, so technically never was born and thus never became "alive". as your seeming to say. Would it be ok for her orginal birth mother to come back and "complete" the abortion she had 17 years before? because afterall..she was never "alive" anyway?
Will people stop bringing up after birth abortions, there is no such thing, there never will be, it has no relevance on what happened before birth and is just hypersensitive knee-jerk reaction, aggravation causing sensationalism with no benefit to any discussion.

She was not alive legally(and also in my own morals alive at all as a separate entity) until she was born, then she was. Killing after they are separate, "alive" people is murder, what happens before then isn't.

It doesn't matter if there were 6 failed abortions, it was just a not-alive thing they were trying to remove and failed. Once born it becomes a person, a she with rights and anything that happened before this point cannot be retrospectively applied.

tl;dr

she was alive the moment she was born and the cord cut, what happened before failed or not cannot be applied afterwards.

Your friend was obviously not aborted, it was attempted-abortion.
Would you say someone who survived attempted-murder should be killed afterwards because if something is attempted and didn't happen it must be done later on? Or this makes them not alive because they were attempted-murdered?

No.

She was born, so she is alive. How ridiculous to think that anyone, including miss misa was saying that if someone tries to abort you, even if it fails, you should no longer exist if you managed to be born anyway.

Fighting ignorance and slaying a few narutards whilst I am at it.