View Single Post
(#91 (permalink))
Old
princessmarisa (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-21-2011, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsbody70 View Post
surely it is alive when the heart is beating etc. its nonsense to say its not alive until its born.that is pie in the sky.
I said legally and in my own morality (i.e opinion) not alive.

Seeing as people are calling abortion murder and talking about post birth killing, then yes the legal definition of what is and isn't "alive as a person" needs to brought into this.

I dislike the word alive being used too much in this discussion, because people get mixed up. I take it here we use alive to mean, is a person, has the same rights as other people(not to have the life ended, to be more than just a part of the mother)

Obviously any cell is alive if we are talking biologically about the use of mitochondria respirating.

What is this idea that heart beating = any more or less alive than any other organ functioning or not functioning.

Heart beating = biology, no relevance to anything here. A bug has a beating heart of somekind but has no legal right not to be squished and not many people have moral objection to this either

(in before people miss my point and think I am comparing people to bugs - I am not, I am saying if you think heart beating=right to life, then I hope you never in your life killed a bug)

When it is alive in terms of having the right to its own life and such =opinion/mortality/law

don't mix them up.
If it is your opinion that a certain organ starting to work has massive significance to you, then it is just an opinion and in my opinion, such stuff is far more "pie in the sky"

Fighting ignorance and slaying a few narutards whilst I am at it.

Last edited by princessmarisa : 01-21-2011 at 04:30 PM.