View Single Post
(#95 (permalink))
Old
File0 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-21-2011, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
It's not really your right to tell other women what would be an easy choice or not.

At this stage in my life, abortion would be an easy choice. I'm sure I'd be aware of pregnancy in the early stages of my pregnancy, and I have no emotional attachment to a collection of cells. I do not deem them as 'alive.'

I do not have the time, money, effort or desire to look after a child. Our care system is overrun, our country is overpopulated, and you can argue about the potential of a child all you like but if I can't give it a decent life then I'd rather it not be born at all. It would ruin my life, because I have a huge phobia of pregnancy and childbirth and it would probably drive me insane. It would really be detrimental to my health.

So it would be an easy choice for me, and I don't believe it's anyone elses right to tell me how to think or feel about my own body.

I don't mind if people would not have abortions and I'd never force my view on others. I can see why abortion would be a difficult and grim idea to a lot of people for whatever reason, and that's completely fine.
It's just my opinion, can't I have one? I'm not upset or anything, I just think many times it's misinterpreted as a minor issue and I also think it shouldn't be.

It's a good thing that you're aware of these things, and that surely you do everything necessary to prevent your pregnancy. But many women don't...
I don't know how they deal with it though, and I cannot possibly tell them not to do it, I don't even desire to.

I don't want to offend you, actually I think it's really nice that you can hold on to your opinion, so please don't be mad or anything but when you say it's an easy choice for you, I can't help but think about the differences between those who can kill easily in war times (I'm not saying you are one) and those who can never shoot a gun, not to mention firing it when pointing at another person.
In the first case it's an act for the sake of the country they live in and for the people they love so much... I cannot imagine how would I react in this situation, cause there are so many pros to use violence for my people's sake(and it scares me that I might be able to kill others to protect my family...), therefore I would never act to provoke another nation, and would do anything to not enter the war in the first place... Not sure if my analogy is appropriate, and not of-topic but even if I might get some blast for it, it's what I think... And I don't think that I'm near to understand what would protecting my people mean, and how far I'd go for it... I'd only know that if I had to chose.

Also I'm wondering if the law said that you cannot have an abortion, would you do it anyway? For what you have said it appears to me, that you don't even accept the law's term that a women cannot have an abortion after a certain time limit. You only accept the babies to be alive, who 'survive' on their own, every others are just a bunch of cells? What do you think? I'm really curious. From when is a fetus alive? From when would you not allow abortion?