View Single Post
(#103 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

01-21-2011, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinMask View Post
I don't just aim this at you, - but to anyone who's lost a child - but I wonder if perhaps the loss of a young child in the immediate family does influence a person's feelings on the matter of abortion? Its just I think anyone who has lost a child knows how devestating and traumatising it can be, and its impossible for those who haven't endured it to perhaps fully comprehend its impact . . . I wonder if the loss of a child leads to more of a sensitivity for life, pregnancy and the child itself.

I guess what I mean is this: would your opinion on abortion be the same if you hadn't lost a child? It just seems that when someone has lost a child it seems incomprehensible for anyone else to willingly choose to end its life, I can see why it'd perhaps be so upsetting or infuriating. So perhaps this biases one to the issue? That one can't seperate the idea of 'terminating a pregnancy' with that feeling of grief and pain.
it is disgusting to call a living child within the womb just a THING and it has nothing at all to do with whether i have lost a child or not.

It is disgraceful to refer to something so amazing and miraculous as simply A THING or a bunch of cells/

we all were those once-- do we like to think that we were thought of as a THING.

I believe it is all so convenient for those who believe that when they conceive a child that is is not at all special or important but just a damned nuisance of a THING.

NO it is totally wrong.

we all were in a womb-- so maybe we were just things. so many attitudes here are SHOCKING.