Thread: Re Abortions
View Single Post
(#109 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

01-22-2011, 04:13 AM

Missmisa; I actually understand that phobia idea. It may be sub concious aspect of realizeing that the featus, wether you think it's alive at that point or not, is still seperate from you. That may creep you out sub conciously.

It is something folks need to understand though, a featus is a seperate entity from the mother, that's why you have a womb in the first place. It seperates the two because if the blood of either mixed they could become hostile to each other. ( It's called the RH factor)

I'm not going to try and tell anyone what to believe here, cause that's useually wasted time anyway. I will point out that we have to be careful culturally about these sorts of things, it becomes a slippery slope when life as a whole looses it's value.

Princess; The atempted murder aspect doesn't work as a arguement in this case because murder itself is against the law, where as abortion isn't. I suppose you could debate when does an abortion become an atempted murder.

There is another tack to consider, some make the case that it's the woman's body and there fore her right to do what she wants. This sets up the idea that the unborn child is her property, as I recall we had an issue with people being property before. So if that's the case, when does the unborn child become it's own owner? At birth? 2? 12? 18? That was even a law I believe in centuries past, where children really were considered property of the parents until a certain age.

Gonative; I debated someone at work about this today and I kinda think his conclusion was correct, you can't legislate a moral code, the culture itself has to have such structures built in as a framework allready. So maybe it should be "legal" so that it stays safe but perhaps the culture should attach a stigma to it. Like smokeing around children or driveing drunk. While it may be legal, it should be seen as something people don't consider as a first choice.

My concern is that far too often it's seen as a convience and as a convience it begins creating a culture of disreguard.

Pumpum, if you consider Humans as nothing more than animals I can concede that point. However, even humanist's who don't believe in God at all, try to attach a greater aspect to humanity than just "Monkey learned to walk upright, yippy skippy"

Male lions kill newborns cause they want the females to go into heat so they can inpregnate her with their cubs. They don't want to waste time raiseing the last kings brat. While humans do act that way sometimes, particularly royalty. Most of us are above that.