View Single Post
(#112 (permalink))
Old
princessmarisa (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-22-2011, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryzorian View Post
Missmisa; I actually understand that phobia idea. It may be sub concious aspect of realizeing that the featus, wether you think it's alive at that point or not, is still seperate from you. That may creep you out sub conciously.

It is something folks need to understand though, a featus is a seperate entity from the mother, that's why you have a womb in the first place. It seperates the two because if the blood of either mixed they could become hostile to each other. ( It's called the RH factor)

I'm not going to try and tell anyone what to believe here, cause that's useually wasted time anyway. I will point out that we have to be careful culturally about these sorts of things, it becomes a slippery slope when life as a whole looses it's value.

Princess; The atempted murder aspect doesn't work as a arguement in this case because murder itself is against the law, where as abortion isn't. I suppose you could debate when does an abortion become an atempted murder.

There is another tack to consider, some make the case that it's the woman's body and there fore her right to do what she wants. This sets up the idea that the unborn child is her property, as I recall we had an issue with people being property before. So if that's the case, when does the unborn child become it's own owner? At birth? 2? 12? 18? That was even a law I believe in centuries past, where children really were considered property of the parents until a certain age.
My point with the attempted murder thing doesn't matter if it is legal or not I was just trying to make the point that saying someone should be killed at 16 because they were tried to be aborted at minus x months old, has no sense to it, no one would think this it is totally illogical.
Just the same as if you try to do anything and it fails, it doesn't automatically follow that the action must be completed years later.
Attempted murder was the closest example I could think of to illustrate this.

I too thought that was the case we were leading onto, regarding one becoming their own entity, in line with my other opinion I feel that you become your own at birth.

The reason abortion isn't illegal can pretty much come down to when the law considers someone their own entity, so have the right to live which I believe, in the UK at least is birth although I may have to check that, because it doesn't explain why late term abortions are illegal (unless it is for health reasons)
The way I see it,until birth it is part of the mothers body, and although I don't like the word property I will go with it is the same as any other part of her body, hers to do with as she wishes.
I am sure many will disagree which they are fine to do as long as they don't go overboard with personal scathing remarks about me

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsbody70 View Post
Well maybe if she asked me in a decent way rather than dictating to me. I do actually need advice how to separate certain quotes as other members do.

Many of your generation have grown up using computers. You know a lot more than I do. so how about someone helping me to learn how to take quotes as most of you do on here so well.

I do not know how to do it, but there are waqys of asking people. if you are a moderator you need to know how to speak to members without dictating.

ANyway I was replying to later messages.

So please tell me how I can pick separate quotes an dplace into one message as you do.
No one else here was taught how to use forums.
The reason people are OK with technology is not because "they were brought up around it" as if every command entered their brain by osmosis.
They used a thing called experimentation and initiative.

When you press quote notice how in your reply there is a bit of code like

Quote:
[ QUOTE = dogsbody70; 847813 ]
What they wrote goes here
[ /QUOTE ]
copy and paste that into the reply you are writing. you can also manually type it out, without the string of numbers after the name, and it will still work just not link to that post.

Don't include spaces if you type it out, I just put spaces in it so the code would show and not just turn into a quote block.

Fighting ignorance and slaying a few narutards whilst I am at it.

Last edited by princessmarisa : 01-22-2011 at 03:55 PM.