View Single Post
(#113 (permalink))
Old
ModusOperandi (Offline)
JF Regular

01-22-2011, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmarisa
copy and paste that into the reply you are writing. you can also manually type it out, without the string of numbers after the name, and it will still work just not link to that post.

Don't include spaces if you type it out, I just put spaces in it so the code would show and not just turn into a quote block.
-----

copy and paste that into the reply you are writing. you can also manually type it out, without the string of numbers after the name, and it will still work just not link to that post.

Don't include spaces if you type it out, I just put spaces in it so the code would show and not just turn into a quote block.
Well, I was about to make a detailed post on how to quote different sections of a post, but since you've already undertaken the task, I'll just leave the images I made here if dogsbody70 would like illustrations on how to quote people.

Image 1 - These are the 4 parts we're going to divide your post into.

Image 2 - you'll need to press the reply button to begin.

Image 3 - you'll need to understand how to use opening and closing tags as well as tag properties.

For example [ ] is an open tag and by placing a back slash in it like so: [ /] makes it a closed tag.
For the sake of quoting, we're going to place the word QUOTE inside an open tag to mark the beginning of a quote like so: [ QUOTE] if you want to include the name of the person you're quoting, then include the following in the opening tag: [ QUOTE = *person's user name*]
then mark the end of the quote by inserting the closed quote tag: [ /QUOTE]

It may sound jarring at first, but BB code is very simple and a standard in most online messaging boards. I recommend reading a few of the many articles on it on the web to develop a basic familiarity...

Image 4 - here, I've inserted quote tags in your post to show you how it's done. Image number 5 will show you how the quote tags will divide your post.

Image 5

Image 6

I think the last two pictures are pretty self-explanatory but, if you have any more questions dogsbody70, feel free to ask me via private messaging in order to avoid derailing the thread too much.
--------------------------------------------

And, in order to stay on topic, I'll state that I'm not against abortion in the most dire of cases (risk of death to mother, rape, etc.) aside from dire cases, it's a no-go for me. All in all, I've known a few people who have aborted for one reason or another and if there is something I've learned from these individuals -- no matter what their reasons were -- it's that whether you like it or not, and whatever your mentality is at the point before/during abortion, after it happens, it's a cross to bear and it haunts them.

I'm not saying this feeling is universal, there may be some people out there I have yet to meet who have had an abortion and couldn't care less, but I can only speak for the people I've known and all of them have told me there are those moments of deep regret.

The whole Idea of abortion is a scary thought to be honest. Especially when it's abused. Places in India where they figure out the sex of a baby and eliminate it if it happens to be a girl just to avoid paying some sort of dowry...

Blah...

Too many factors, negative/positive lie within the pro/ anti abortion sides, but if I had to vote, I'd vote for an extremely regulated pro-abortion option.