View Single Post
(#22 (permalink))
Old
pumpum (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-24-2011, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godwine View Post
Nothing. Martial Arts = Fighting Arts. Boxing and Kickboxing is one of them. Each art has its highlights, pros and cons.... I wasn't debating whether any robed/belted art is better than others or boxing/kickboxing. I am just saying that being trained is better than not being trained, and definitely have a better chance at facing something on the street. A well trained street fighter is a different story
Ok now that i agree with you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by termogard View Post
Perhaps, that "martial artist" knew nothing more than monkey screams and strange, overcomplicated movements from chinese kung-fu movies.

Here is a video about a guy, skilled in boxing versus two street scums. He defended his girlfriend very well.
That martial artist was once underground no rules champion in uk - he is no pussy believe me. Your video btw - is nothing more than good punches - i see that almost every weekend, and almost every day at the gym.

let me guess though - my gym is full of untrained monkey peasants whilst you train with ninja super heroes who complete special forces missions in their spare time, whilst simultaneously teaching shaolin monks the art of self -defence

The things that come to those who wait are the things that are left by those who got there first !