View Single Post
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

02-04-2011, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godwine View Post
I totally agree with you... I love film, but i suckered into swiching to digital few years ago. Up till about 6 years ago, i was still shooking with a Pentax K and a Canon AE1...

I do prefer DSLR over P&S.. for various reason, the only complain i have is that anything decent (lens) is bulky... i don't mind it being noticeable...
I started shooting digital about 10 years ago, and I was amazed by it's convenience. But I noticed that there was something not quite right with the photos, there were too colorful, rather plasticky. I could edit them easily enough with Photoshop, but I hate digitally editing photos.

On top of these things, a top quality DSLR with a good lens is a heavy pig, as heavy as carrying two rangefinder cameras. Then there were the times when cold weather killed my batteries, or when I would all of my photos when a memory card would malfunction.

Awhile back I picked up a 75 year old Leica camera and lens. I was amazed by the small size and liquid-smooth operation, but I was even more amazed at the photos I got out of this camera. It made photography much more fun, despite having to figure out my exposure settings with no meter. I learned that in photography, "less" can indeed be more.