View Single Post
(#9 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

02-04-2011, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangetsu View Post
I started shooting digital about 10 years ago, and I was amazed by it's convenience. But I noticed that there was something not quite right with the photos, there were too colorful, rather plasticky. I could edit them easily enough with Photoshop, but I hate digitally editing photos.

On top of these things, a top quality DSLR with a good lens is a heavy pig, as heavy as carrying two rangefinder cameras. Then there were the times when cold weather killed my batteries, or when I would all of my photos when a memory card would malfunction.

Awhile back I picked up a 75 year old Leica camera and lens. I was amazed by the small size and liquid-smooth operation, but I was even more amazed at the photos I got out of this camera. It made photography much more fun, despite having to figure out my exposure settings with no meter. I learned that in photography, "less" can indeed be more.
Its not too difficult to figure your exposure setting with no meter, especially with your experience, there is always digital meter that you can purchase... but i hear you, those old cameras are amazing... i still love the AE1... Comparing to lens back then and lens today, they are far smaller but they use real glass optics.. modern lens are HUGE... look at the 50mm f 1.2.... and in some cases, they don't use glass optics