View Single Post
(#433 (permalink))
Old
termogard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Post explosion - 03-14-2011, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoNative View Post
There does appear to have been a hydrogen explosion at the #3 reactor similar to the one at the #1 reactor. I don't believe there has been any damage to the containment vessels though so no significant release of radioactive materials. They had warned that an explosion was likely. The explosion occurs outside of the containment vessels from release of gases to reduce pressure.
"I don't believe there has been any damage to the containment vessels", you said. But nobody knows perfectly about real-time events inside cores of nuclear reactors in damaged blocks. We saw two powerful explosions of hydrogen. Blocks of reactors were significantly destroyed. Can any "paper theorists" figure an impact to core vessels caused by those explosions?! Containment vessels were built 40 years ago or so.
They have to work upon ALL possible negative consequences, include heavy leak of radioactivity and further radioactive poisoning of nearby territory. Nobody of japanese engineers and technicians have a right to claim something like " I don' care about reactor 'cause it's not soviet but proven western design" like that "paper theorist" already did.

Last edited by termogard : 03-14-2011 at 07:56 AM. Reason: typo