View Single Post
(#20 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
03-17-2011, 07:30 AM

Well, my last day of work was today, and since this area is going with JET, I'm out of a job anyway. I'll probably end up going home because of that, unless by some miracle I can find another job.

I want to go home (visit), but I want to stay here for a while too. Now that I know about the expenses of Japan, how to shop, etc., I'm ready to truly experience the country, but given the current situation, not an option. I also don't want to leave because of the people I've met during my year here, but I would like to go back home to see my family.

I know of some people around me who are leaving.

Right now, it's difficult to even get to Tokyo from here. The best route (for me anyway) would be Yamagata (Bus) > Niigata (Bullet Train) > Tokyo > Narita Airport (Bus). Also, shipping stuff out is an issue. I'd hate to leave my things behind.

Personally, the main concerns I have is the food and water thing, and then the nuclear plant. It seems to go back and forth, but I only worry about the nuclear reactor stuff because of those who are already there and suffering and also hope that the winds don't change direction and cause an even larger radius to be affected.

Anywho, the food and water hoarding is the bother. I don't have anything extra, 'cept for 4 liters of water, which I managed to get after going almost two days without it when the power went out. As for food, I don't have anything that doesn't require being cooked. The grocery stores are closing earlier and even some conbinis are completely closed all day. Today, I went to the Softbank shop and walked that long...walk back to my apartment, and walked past a McDonald's and even that was closed. Since I walk everywhere, I don't grocery shop much, since I'd have to carry it back to my apartment. I haven't done any proper grocery shopping in about two weeks since the food lasts, but right now, I'm being extra careful with the little food I do have left. It's not like there are too many places, for me, to go to pick something up.

Last edited by SSJup81 : 03-17-2011 at 07:44 AM.