View Single Post
(#3 (permalink))
Old
mbla90210 (Offline)
New to JF

03-18-2011, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by globetrotter36 View Post
Pure speculation, the fish may have died for some other reasons, I am sure there have been similar events with no earthquakes occurring.
My speculation was not about how the fish died. It's about some reason, why million fish rushed to US west coast as if there's danger coming from the East. The size of the fish was some critical fact. Small fish are more sensitive to small waves. 1-foot wave would not scare a 10-foot fish. The port wave that arrived at US coast were small. By superstition, million fish were sacrificed so someone may know danger is coming to human. By science, pending earthquake would release some sort of energy that only those small fish could sense.
Now the weird math. It's easy after the fact but I show you anyway. Million fish died. If I multiply the size of the small fish (about 8 inches) by a million, I get 8,000,000 inches or 666,666 feet or 126 miles. Distance from Los Angeles/USA to Tokyo/Japan is 5500 miles. Assuming the average speed of the tsunami is 126 miles/hour across the Pacific Ocean, it will take 43 hours or a little less than 2 days. The fish died Tuesday, Pacific Standard Time. Japan's earthquake occurred Thursday, PST. Japan would then have two days to prepare. Alas, it's just too late.