View Single Post
(#705 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

03-19-2011, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoNative View Post
True but their decisions are mostly politically motivated as far as I'm concerned. France has quite a right wing, nationalistic governement currently and it's important for them politically to look as though they are looking after their citizens and to take a leading role in this. As soon as France started offering flights out for it's citizens (even though there was no danger to any of them in Tokyo) other countries had to start looking as though they also cared for their citizens. In countries that haven't offered free flights out there's already some political fallout for them (no pun intended). It's easy for other countries with no real responsibililty at all to say they would have a bigger exclusion zone. To me this is just more bleating to prove to their own citizenry that they would look after their people more than these heartless Japanese! As I say I believe pretty much everything we've seen from foreign governments is politically motivated and has little to do with the science or the actual situation on the ground. It's to do with how they are perceived by their own people.
Wow... What a conspiracy you've imagined.

I think I agree with the French.

It is my impression that the Japanese government have been less than forthcoming with their plan of action at least judging from the interviews I've seen with some Japanese officials on the BBC.