View Single Post
(#789 (permalink))
Old
jayear (Offline)
New to JF

A message to my friends in Japan - 03-28-2011, 09:14 PM

I was on a skype call to my agent in Tokyo at the precise moment the earthquake hit. I told him to run out of the building but I heard the entire event because the connection was still there. When my agent returned about 5 minutes later we discussed the severity of the event. I switched over to the live coverage from NHK. It was so heartbreaking to watch the tragedy unfold in real time. I have had exhibitions in Sendai and visited Matsushima. To witness the devastation of a tsunami is just beyond words. I spent the next few hours trying to make contact all my friends all over Japan. I just wanted to be sure they were safe.

To all my thousands of fans and collectors in Japan as well as all the nice people I have met on my tours, I wish them comfort and safety. This will take a long time to recover from. I know what's it like having my home wiped out in the 1994 earthquake. What I don't now is the terror of a wall of water wiping our your whole village! My heart goes out to everyone in Japan.

DAVID LLOYD GLOVER
HOLLYWOOD CALIFORNIA