View Single Post
(#888 (permalink))
Old
termogard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Post managed and controlled - 04-06-2011, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealJames View Post
I'm gonna shoot in the dark and assume that Termo knows that there are still lots of people suffering, then further assume that he meant their situation is being managed and controlled sufficiently well enough to not enter into crisis-status again, whereas the plant may.

I'm not quite following the news posts though, I get enough of that from tv here, but I don't know what it's like for those outside Japan.
Yes, exactly.

As for 'news posts' - they contain some information concerning to urgent measures of TEPCO or japanese government :

TEPCO to inject nitrogen into No. 1 reactor to prevent explosion

TOKYO, April 6, Kyodo

Tokyo Electric Power Co. on Wednesday prepared to inject nitrogen into one of the reactors at the crippled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power complex to reduce the potential risk of a hydrogen explosion, while it succeeded in stopping highly radioactive water leaking into the Pacific Ocean from the plant.

The nitrogen, an inert gas, is expected to be injected into the No. 1 reactor's containment vessel, a process that could take several days. Hidehiko Nishiyama, a spokesman for the government's nuclear agency, denied during a morning press conference that there is an ''immediate danger'' of explosion.

Kyodo News