View Single Post
Old
Fr3sh (Offline)
JF Regular

06-10-2011, 05:46 PM

Hey Nyororin! At first I'd like to ask are you? How's the family etc. Nao it's time for meh to introduce myself ask the question.(It's a cultural thing, I'm of Somali descent usually when you first meet someone, you ask about health and family first)

Anyways my name is Fr3sh because I iz fresh , all jokes aside. I am a 20 year old University of Alberta student (I'm Canadian) and I'm studying to be a teacher. The job market for teachers nowadays is extremely competitive because of the retiring age is very high which leaves very little room for new teachers to find a teaching spot. Personally I see that as a blessing in disguise it will allow me to look for work elsewhere and perhaps travel hopefully.

For a while now since 2002, I've had some interest in Japan and that wasn't because of anime and stuff like that I'm REALLY not into those stuff. But my first exposure to Japan was during FIFA World Cup 2002 (I'm a HUGE soccer\football fan) and what I saw was a bunch of little asian dudes bossing the field! Usually when you think football you think latin american\europeans never really asians and ever since I've LOVED Japanese football specially their national team.

I didn't decide to teach in Japan in the future because of football (besides Italy>Japan when it comes to football lool) but I decided I want to teach in Japan because it would be something different. Something completely different, Europe wouldn't be too different as I am bilingual (fluent in both french and english) and have tons of relatives all over Europe and going there wouldn't be that different. Africa I can always go see my uncles back in Somalia but Asia is somewhere I have very little to no connection to and that is what attracts me to it.

So my question to you is what kind of advice to have for me when it comes to learning the language while I am here in Canada. I have 2 years to go until I'm done Uni and really the hardest part in learning anything IMO is starting and I'm lost lulz.

Last edited by Fr3sh : 06-10-2011 at 05:49 PM.