View Single Post
(#101 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

06-19-2011, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBraden View Post
Now I can understand what is meant in every tourism book about Japan when dealing with social interactions. If you are ever invited to someone's home, consider it a great honor. I do understand that in order for them to invite you, they would plan this in advance and such. But still, it's the opportunity to see an aspect of life not too many people get a glimpse of.

Quite an entertaining and informative discussion.
something else to throw into the mix,
I used to be a private English teacher, doing lessons at like starbucks and other cafes, often times after a dozen lessons or so, after the student gets to know me better, if their house is a relatively more convenient place to have a lesson, we changed to their place, always the same time each week. The guys didn't tidy much before hand, the girls always had impeccably perfect houses, spotless.

each time it happened I was surprised, and then realized that because of the professional aspect of it, it was okay (yes even with young cute girls, even more shocking is the level of trust in this country)

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.