View Single Post
(#28 (permalink))
Old
tokusatsufan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-15-2011, 11:00 PM

LOL! A whale of a request! I didn't know it was gonna be a bad joke. I love stuff like that.

From my point of view as a vegetarian,eating fish,eating beef,eating frogs' legs,even eating dog,it's all mostly the same to me. They're all living creatures,they used to be alive,now they're dead. People are eating them when they don't technically need to but who am I to judge? That said,I can see how whales are more intelligent. It's not an easy topic,the whale hunting. Creatures like whales, cows,sheep and fish that don't hurt us,I especially don't see why you would want to eat. I mean at least sharks,they eat people! It is gonna be hard in Japan but I'll just have to find the other vegetarians. There are enough positives about Japan for there to be any point going there though,I think.

If the guy has taken a liking to whale,the guy has taken a liking to whale.
Like I said,I don't see much of a difference. And also, if you have all these ''degrees'' of vegetarianism,of what animals some people will eat and some people won't then the Japanese(well actually,the rest of Europe isn't great for this sort of thing) will (perhaps continue to) expect all vegetarians to eat fish and maybe some other animals as well. The reason why I say Europeans, I once asked if there was anything vegetarian on a boat and the French woman said ''There is fish''. In her defence I did eventually get something and a lot of the European places I have got something,it just hasn't been particularly fantastic all the time. I suppose the only real place we aren't in trouble is in India.