(#12 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
07-26-2011, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanny View Post
wait. so standard pitch of earth for a house is just 100sq.meters? so 2 floor house would average something like 70sq. meters, right?
This really depends. There are two main space laws for residential property. 60/200 and 80/400. 60/200 means that the base of the building can cover 60% of the land, and the space of the building can be no more than 200% the size of the base. 80/400 is 80% of the land covered by the base with 400% the space in the building.
On a 100sq.meter lot, a house in a 60/200 area could feasibly be 120sq.meters. On an 80/400, it could be 240sq.meters.

Unless the lot is really massive, you will rarely see anything less than 200. Sometimes you`ll see truly massive lots out in the country with a 50/100 rating, but 60/200 or 80/400 are the standards for a plot in town.

Quote:
my apartment that i rent with 2 friends while i study is 76sq.m. and rent is 600$ someone said it is 1200+$ in Japan for an apartment...that is a lot. and probably only some 50sq.m at best, right?
The price for apartments in Japan is VERY dependent on where that apartment is. If you want to live in downtown Tokyo, you`d be hard pressed to find an apartment anywhere close to the size and price you are paying... But I somehow doubt that you are renting an apartment in downtown New York city. In an average city you can easily find places that are that size for that price.
I can even find some in Nagoya that aren`t even all that inconvenient in terms of public transportation.

Really, inner-city Tokyo prices are significantly higher than rest-of-Japan prices.

Quote:
and you can't compare houses in USA with houses in Japan. half of them in the warm climate zones of the USA are made from plasterboard and the likes which is cheap and unsafe.
And... houses in Japan are any different?
They do have to be built to withstand a certain level of earthquake, but as far as the rest... Houses are only built to last one generation here.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.