LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
Rogozhin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-30-2009, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyakushi View Post
Well did you mention to her about the over crowding and bank taxes??? did you tell her about everything about japan or only the good things?.
Sounds like people being unprepaird to me but idk <_<.
My experience of life in Japan has been rather sheltered in the sense that I always stay with dad when I'm over there and he takes care of all the expenses (so I don't know that much about banks, rent etc.) Naturally, I did highlight the good things (it is my home country after all and I'm very proud of the place) but I did mention things like overcrowded trains, station toilets often lacking soap, pedestrian crossings where drivers will not want to stop for you and so on.

Anyway, thanks everyone for your posts (I read every single one of them). She ended up apologizing to me so things are fine now. I won't stop helping people.
(#22 (permalink))
Old
ACW (Offline)
JF Regular

05-31-2009, 12:56 AM

I think she might be going through culture shock. Instead of being angry and looking for an apology, by sympathetic and support her. She's in a new place where life and customs are different and it might be frustrating and scary.
(#23 (permalink))
Old
xX2DXx (Offline)
JF Regular

05-31-2009, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydelart View Post
When people are being assholes, they usually realize it.
They probably wouldn't admit it, of course... but they realize it, nevertheless.

I have had people, who I've helped, blame me for their own mistakes.
That's the nature of the game; When you involve yourself in other people's business, you have to expect some of them to react negatively.

That shouldn't stop you from helping others, though.
You did a good thing.
I agree with everything you said =).

Today I helped a another girl ask out one of my guy friends and he turned her down then she yelled at me for him turning her down. In this case I actually dont know if there is anyone to blame .
(#24 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

05-31-2009, 03:32 PM

I haven't read what else is goin on this thread. However just because she's a moron, doesn't mean other people aren't down to earth and realistic about certain things. Those people could be worth helping and they'd be missing out if you got disheartened by this chick and didn't bother with anyone else.

Teenie Boppers like her exist, sadly. That is just a learning curve for you though, to add to what kinda characters exist in this world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogozhin View Post

Anyway, thanks everyone for your posts (I read every single one of them). She ended up apologizing to me so things are fine now. I won't stop helping people.
Nevermind! Good for you.

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers

Last edited by ivi0nk3y : 05-31-2009 at 03:35 PM.