LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

07-05-2009, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khengi View Post
At a certain time, you're supposed to stop making mistakes and take the accumulation of your knowledge and try to do things without recoil. But before you get to that point, you have to stumble a bit.
You never stop making mistakes. Never. Not everything is a big mistake all the time, even something as small as throwing an empty bottle awkwardly, and missing the bin is a mistake that you learn a lesson from.

You can use the knowledge that you have accumulated, but in the end, you will still make mistakes. Again, making a mistake once is fine, making it more than once is requiring you to open your eyes more. A person who tries to never make a mistake, is making a mistake at the same time.

You learn by making mistakes. How do you learn, if you do not make mistakes?

- “I've been lucky. I'll be lucky again.” -
(#22 (permalink))
Old
darksyndrem (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via MSN to darksyndrem
07-06-2009, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvanas View Post

You never stop making mistakes. Never. Not everything is a big mistake all the time, even something as small as throwing an empty bottle awkwardly, and missing the bin is a mistake that you learn a lesson from.

You can use the knowledge that you have accumulated, but in the end, you will still make mistakes. Again, making a mistake once is fine, making it more than once is requiring you to open your eyes more. A person who tries to never make a mistake, is making a mistake at the same time.

You learn by making mistakes. How do you learn, if you do not make mistakes?
You learn from making mistakes, but that doesn't mean you should TRY to make mistakes. And if you don't make any mistakes, then why would you want to?
(#23 (permalink))
Old
Khengi (Offline)
JF Regular

07-06-2009, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksyndrem View Post
You learn from making mistakes, but that doesn't mean you should TRY to make mistakes. And if you don't make any mistakes, then why would you want to?
This is kinda what I was getting at. Salvanas kind of 'said' that you should never stop making mistakes, which in the end is not very productive, though I know you meant it in a philosophical way.

---------------------------
I offer free Japanese lessons on my home site here!

[Note: I am proficient in the language (even proficient enough to get hired at a university for teaching), but do not look to me before a native or someone more proficient, like Nagoyankee]
(#24 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

07-06-2009, 05:25 AM

The older you get the more responsibility you have and the less forgiving people are for the mistakes you make.
(#25 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

07-06-2009, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksyndrem View Post
Trying to make mistakes is not what I'm getting at, which is what you're mis-understanding. While living your life, if you make mistakes, you learn from them. You don't make the same mistake again, but you can never stop making mistakes throughout life, so you shouldn't beat yourself up about the mistakes. Just learn form it, and move on.

That was what I was getting at.

- “I've been lucky. I'll be lucky again.” -
(#26 (permalink))
Old
darksyndrem (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via MSN to darksyndrem
07-06-2009, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvanas View Post

Trying to make mistakes is not what I'm getting at, which is what you're mis-understanding. While living your life, if you make mistakes, you learn from them. You don't make the same mistake again, but you can never stop making mistakes throughout life, so you shouldn't beat yourself up about the mistakes. Just learn form it, and move on.

That was what I was getting at.
Okay, I know what your getting at now. The reason I said you are trying to make mistakes, is from where you said that a person trying not to make mistakes, is making a mistake.....but yeah I know what you mean, I just think you were having a little trouble putting it in words