JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
BobbyCooper (Offline)
Banned

01-24-2011, 12:11 PM

Watch the UFC or any other major Mixed Martial Art's Organization and you will see how Martial Art's can make you a deadly weapon.

You can't just join an American Karate Dojo and hope to kick ass on the streets.. ;D you need to join a combat Dojo. Maybe even an MMA Dojo and then study it extremely hard.
(#22 (permalink))
Old
pumpum (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-24-2011, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godwine View Post
Nothing. Martial Arts = Fighting Arts. Boxing and Kickboxing is one of them. Each art has its highlights, pros and cons.... I wasn't debating whether any robed/belted art is better than others or boxing/kickboxing. I am just saying that being trained is better than not being trained, and definitely have a better chance at facing something on the street. A well trained street fighter is a different story
Ok now that i agree with you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by termogard View Post
Perhaps, that "martial artist" knew nothing more than monkey screams and strange, overcomplicated movements from chinese kung-fu movies.

Here is a video about a guy, skilled in boxing versus two street scums. He defended his girlfriend very well.
That martial artist was once underground no rules champion in uk - he is no pussy believe me. Your video btw - is nothing more than good punches - i see that almost every weekend, and almost every day at the gym.

let me guess though - my gym is full of untrained monkey peasants whilst you train with ninja super heroes who complete special forces missions in their spare time, whilst simultaneously teaching shaolin monks the art of self -defence

The things that come to those who wait are the things that are left by those who got there first !
(#23 (permalink))
Old
termogard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Smile gym - 01-25-2011, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpum View Post
Your video btw - is nothing more than good punches - i see that almost every weekend, and almost every day at the gym.
You observe good punches in your gym while that guy demonstrated good punches in street fighting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpum View Post
let me guess though - my gym is full of untrained monkey peasants whilst you train with ninja super heroes who complete special forces missions in their spare time, whilst simultaneously teaching shaolin monks the art of self -defence
What a brilliant example of humour from UK Is it considered to be funny joke, huh??