JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#31 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

02-16-2011, 03:56 AM

Britian's NHS is messed up almost beyond repair. The US's will join it soon with Obama care. It's about incentive, national health systems don't have any incentive for medical persons, drug companies, medical equipment companies.

They take profit away from the inovators who desire it, take the incentive away and the desire to achieve through medicine decreases. You get fewer doctors and Nurses who work in the field, fewer drug companies doing research or development on new drugs. Medical companies that drop new surgury ideas or new medical research becuase the money isn't in it.

To be successful drives everything, prevent avenues of success in the medical fields and the medical fields will stagnate. Communist Russia collapsed for the same reason, lack of incentive destroyed motivation to inovate, invent, or invigorate.

MMM; Stats can be used anyway one desires. For instance, consider the statistic that over 50% of black families live below the poverty line while only 24% of white families do. You could argue that there are more black families liveing below poverty than whites. Except there are many times more whites liveing in the US than blacks and by actual numbers there are more white families liveing in poverty than black families.

That's the trouble with stats, they can be rigged to work in any favor you want, based on your side of the argument. While it's true Numbers themselves don't lie, the people who present those numbers do, all the time.
(#32 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

02-16-2011, 10:23 AM

[quote=MissMisa;851252]I didn't vote for the Conversatives... lol, ew. They only policy I agree with is their one on immigration.

They way they are handling the NHS is terrible. Recently, they are expecting district nurses to transport soiled waste in their own cars (this includes fecal matter, used dressings etc) which are used to take their children to school and carry their shopping. These nurses already subsidise the petrol allowance.

By giving managerial power to doctors mean that the doctors will now be dealing with the NHS's finances. This means that when prescribing drugs they will now be considering the cost of these drugs alongside the need of the patient. This is certainly not what I want for the NHS. QUOTE

"don't get me going on that!!!!