Samurai 27 40.91%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#51 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

03-10-2008, 10:03 AM

Tenchu, how are you able to follow "Bushido" when the majority of texts have not been translated into english? Surely, you will not be able to understand the true way of a warrior by only a handfull of texts.

I'm asking you this, because I truely do not believe that you are following Bushido simply by how you talk about it and how you talk in general. The way you talk implies to me and many others that you are not honourable, respectful, honest NOR are you courageous. From what I know about bushido, these are very important.

I just wrote a load of stuff and it got deleted... DAMN, I'll write it another time. But I think you misunderstand bushido and from what you're telling us, I think its a load of crap. You're simply creating paradoxes... ie, you're asking rhetorical questions without even realising.
(#52 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

03-10-2008, 04:11 PM

Tenchu, you know me. I did not mean for that to sound disrespectful or for it to surprise you in anyway. In fact, I believe that was said rather kindly compared to how you speak about my religion and "way of life".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
It defines more quality in a person than a thousand Qurans put together
As for the disrespectfulness. Here is a perfect example. Saying something like that about a subject you obviously don't know much about is extreemly disrespectful.

As for the Japanese customs, I wasn't talking about the japanese. I was talking about Bushido. I know that Bushido means "the way of the warrior". But which definition of warrior are you talking about? Studying martial arts every single day of your life doesn't neccesarily make you a warroir. Depending on the definition of this, I can call myself a warrior. I fight on a daily basis against my inner evil and the evil of others. I train myself in ways that do not need martial arts.

If you havn't lied, then what do you call it when someone says something that isn't true. You've said some things on here that you later denied.

As for courageous. I think you are linking this to fighting again. One doesn't need to be able to smile at death to be courageous. Simple example... Bullies (sp?) are cowards, yet sometimes you speak to people in a bullies tone. ie, you sometimes speak down to people to make yourself feel good... (I don't know if you get what I mean.)

At heart, you may very well be polite. But once again, the contrary is shown by your words (sometimes).

Why do I think you misunderstand bushido. Because I do not think that "the way of the warrior" you are talking about, applies to the situation you're in, nor is it the way of the warrior that is being taught in your texts.
You seem to be a very anxious person. Eager to do things too fast and too quickly. Sometimes, you can learn more simply by sitting there. You also seem anxious to prove yourself. From the texts you have shown me, I do not believe that a warrior should be anxious to do anything and he certainly should always have self-control in every situation possible.

You're right, I don't know much about bushido, and I don't believe someone that has not read all the "required" texts can understand it either. You once told me that Bushido took centuries to write and each "master"/samurai added to it. Yet you seem to be saying that you understand the "real" meaning of bushido after only a couple of years? If enlightenment is true and isn't just a state of mind where one is so confused that he believes to be seeing truth, then I do not think that you've figured out how to reach it so quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post

Noodle, I don't get why you said that. And it seems pretty random to me... But it was a good wake up to how you feel about me. I should not have expected better from one of you anyway.
A wake up call of what I think about you? Did you believe I thought you were a perfect human? A perfect human would follow all of those things that i mentioned to a T, but i do not believe such a person exists. Everyone makes mistakes, and I am simply pointing out that you ARE human. I think you took what I said in the wrong way. You shouldn't take what I said here the wrong way. In fact, you are one of the few people that I don't look down on, on this forum. It's full of, lets say, Idiots. You on the other hand, I enjoy greatly talking to you (well, debating with you), because you seem to have a brain even if we seem to have different moral values. In short, you seem like you want to be a philosopher or at least you think the same way as a philosophor does. This is interesting and I give you much credit for that because you don't seem to just accept what you're told. You seek your own truth. (hence why I want to read your book.)
(#53 (permalink))
Old
Amnell (Offline)
W.o.W. I'm 66

Send a message via AIM to Amnell Send a message via Skype™ to Amnell
03-10-2008, 06:13 PM

Tenchu-senpai, I'm beginning to think that you're not actually hearing what I'm saying. It doesn't matter what I say or how, somehow I just "don't understand". This seems most apparent in you telling me that I don't understand in response to my interpretation of your scenario of changing intentions.

There is a simple truth to people: if they want something badly enough, they will work towards getting it by any means necessary. Just because the methods may change from time to time, that doesn't mean that they've changed their intentions, and as long as intentions are unwavering--by your own definition--the heart is not compromised.

Read that again to make sure you actually heard it this time.

Done? Moving on.

I don't quite get the Christian analogy, there. What does what I said have to do with going to heaven?

Ok, maybe I'm not so sure what you're defining void as. In the english language, it means "nothingness". So let me try again to interpret the old man himself:

Musashi: "When your spirit is not in the least clouded, when the clouds of bewilderment clear away, there is the true void. "

Translates to: When there is *nothing* in the way of your judgement(loose interpretation), when there is *nothing* left for you to wonder about, then you have reached your void.

First Derivitive: When you've cleared your mind of anything that may distract you, you are ready.

For perception: What I said was all hypothetical, but at the same time it makes sense. It explains why you can create a complete organism out of a single cell (cloning). Every cell has a complete copy of the whole, and every cell is part of the whole. It would stand to reason, then, that if anything happens to one part of the whole, the rest of it is aware instantly. Again, that's why you feel the pain of having your hand on the burner instantly, even if the act of pulling your hand away takes about 200 milliseconds (What's happening here, hypothetically, is that your brain recieved the data instantaneously, but it took it however long to process what the appropriate action would be with respect to that data).

Insofar as thought goes, don't mistake a reaction for a thought. When you yank your hand from the burner, you didn't think about it, you just did it. I suppose you could loosely call that reaction a thought from what I said in the last paragraph, but, again, don't mistake reaction for actual thought. A thought is you actively, consciously processing complex information and doing all the human things of rationalizing, justifying, reasoning, etc etc. A reaction requires no active participation by you--it just happens (but can be supressed, as masochists often do).

The traditional model of nerve impulse and chemical release is far too slow. For a nerve in your hand to sense pain, release a chemical to another nerve that is part of a trail of them to the brain, which then releases another chemical to activate the next one and so on all the way to your brain would take seconds, not microseconds. By they time your brain recieved the data that your hand was being damaged, you'd have 3rd degree burns on your palm. This has even been claimed by experts who are not part of the quantum physics community (where I got my other hypothesis). They said that they couldn't figure out how those nerves worked so damn fast if that was indeed the method they used for sending information to the brain.

Since I don't presently have the benefit of living my life inside of a muay thai boxing ring, your words and recommended readings are the best option I have. I know, it's hell, isn't it? XD ^_^;;;

And you'll notice I didn't quote you--not once.

"The trouble with trying to make something idiot proof is that idiots are so smart." ~A corollary to Murphy's Law

If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you actually make them think, they'll hate you. ~Don Marquis

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle
But, that's always f-ed up individuals that kill in secluded areas up high in the mountains. Thats neither the army nor the governments agenda! I hope those people rott in hell, but an army or government shouldn't be judged by psycho individuals.
(#54 (permalink))
Old
Hyakushi (Offline)
Ikaga desu ka!?

03-10-2008, 11:24 PM

Well there are many opinions on what a warrior is Noodle thats the thing even I don't know what it is to be a warrior. I only train to kill nothing more, after my years are over then I'm going to go into teaching .
Tenchu on the other hand I have no clue what he is fighting for either maybe just to do it, things don't always have to have a reason behind it there just there.

I'm not racist . . . I hate everyone equally.
(#55 (permalink))
Old
KibaKun (Offline)
New to JF

03-10-2008, 11:51 PM

Ninjas are way better
(#56 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

03-11-2008, 01:53 AM

Well I dunno, there should be a both option. I chose Ninjas though cos I prefer the hand to hand combat kinda thing.

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers
(#57 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

03-11-2008, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyakushi View Post
Well there are many opinions on what a warrior is Noodle thats the thing even I don't know what it is to be a warrior. I only train to kill nothing more, after my years are over then I'm going to go into teaching .
Tenchu on the other hand I have no clue what he is fighting for either maybe just to do it, things don't always have to have a reason behind it there just there.
I agree with this... There can be a million different types of warriors... This is why I wanna know what kind of warrior "bushido" tries to make you... First thing one must think is that being a warrior like a Samurai is impossible because there are no more battlefields for samurai these days..
(#58 (permalink))
Old
Amnell (Offline)
W.o.W. I'm 66

Send a message via AIM to Amnell Send a message via Skype™ to Amnell
03-11-2008, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
I agree with this... There can be a million different types of warriors... This is why I wanna know what kind of warrior "bushido" tries to make you... First thing one must think is that being a warrior like a Samurai is impossible because there are no more battlefields for samurai these days..
Ever see the movie "Soldier"? I've been getting the impression that Bushido's ultimate goal is the same:

Train a warrior who will follow his orders without question, without fail, who is not afraid to charge into a very dangerous situation with no method of retreat, who believes himself to be invincible anyway....

Kinda like U.S. Marines (Oorah!) ^_^ . I knew there was a reason I don't want to fuck with them... They would kill me~~~~ O: ! XD

"The trouble with trying to make something idiot proof is that idiots are so smart." ~A corollary to Murphy's Law

If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you actually make them think, they'll hate you. ~Don Marquis

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle
But, that's always f-ed up individuals that kill in secluded areas up high in the mountains. Thats neither the army nor the governments agenda! I hope those people rott in hell, but an army or government shouldn't be judged by psycho individuals.
(#59 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

03-11-2008, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnell View Post
Ever see the movie "Soldier"? I've been getting the impression that Bushido's ultimate goal is the same:

Train a warrior who will follow his orders without question, without fail, who is not afraid to charge into a very dangerous situation with no method of retreat, who believes himself to be invincible anyway....

Kinda like U.S. Marines (Oorah!) ^_^ . I knew there was a reason I don't want to fuck with them... They would kill me~~~~ O: ! XD
Or you could even say terrorists... They do something that will end their lives without questioning it because they believe it would be for the greater good...

And no, i haven't seen that film. I'll have to check it out!...
(#60 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

03-11-2008, 11:56 AM

I Don't think thats true... It's not that our brains don't recognise it... Things like sound, light etc, our brain doesn't even recieve the signals because its our ears and eyes that can't pick it up. With what you said, it makes it seem like someone that has better hearing, must have a better working brain... It's not that... Our brain simply translates it for us to understand.