LinkBack Thread Tools
(#41 (permalink))
Old
Asakura (Offline)
Training like Ryu.......

06-08-2008, 05:08 AM

post deleted

Ubi concordia, ibi victoria

Last edited by Asakura : 06-08-2008 at 08:00 AM.
(#42 (permalink))
Old
Nathan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-08-2008, 05:19 AM

http://www.japanforum.com/forum/gene...etiquette.html
Discussions and questions about things like MP3s are file formats/codes and those are not illegal, their content however, can be illegal. If anything, try and use logic when posting links to such downloads.

Feel free to discuss the webpage, but don't link to it.
(#43 (permalink))
Old
Asakura (Offline)
Training like Ryu.......

06-08-2008, 05:25 AM

Fine I can handle that.

To MMM: if you want me to delete any post, or change my opinion. Send me a PM explaing why, in a clear, logical manner. I mean no disrespect to you or anyone else.

EDIT: Post modified

Ubi concordia, ibi victoria
(#44 (permalink))
Old
xGatck (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to xGatck
06-08-2008, 10:59 AM

but most of the fansubbed anime which are not licensed are free..
besides i don't like dubbed version of animes, they make the character personality and image look bad; some i can comprehend with but most are ruining the anime >_<
if I would have known Geneon was shutting down I would have spent a couple of bucks, they did release Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu in America :3
(#45 (permalink))
Old
Haggis (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-08-2008, 09:29 PM

One of my favourite Manga series was Phoenix by Osamu Tezuka. Then Vertical Inc released his Buddha series. It was a big risk but people bought it and so they released other works such as Apollo's song, Mw, Ode To Kirihito, and now Dororo.

Now you may say "I've never heard of these" and that's the whole point, it's a small company who are trying to bring us great manga, and they can only do that if people buy it. If nobody bought Buddha then we'd not even of heard of these other works.

At one time I would say "support the small company" because I believed the big companies were ok, would carry on regardless, but this post shows that if you like what the big companies are producing, if you want them to release more manga or anime shows, then you have to support them in this. End of story.

Last edited by Haggis : 06-08-2008 at 09:34 PM.
(#46 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
06-08-2008, 11:44 PM

Does anyone know where to find the Gundam Wing manga? I still haven't seen it. I know it's licensed now, but I don't know where to buy it.

That aside, I see where Haggis is coming from. I just wish we knew more about these smaller companies that put out some series. I wish all the unlicensed stuff I read scanlated or liked would get a license. Yoroiden Samurai Troopers had a manga too, if I'm remembering right. That's another series I would love to be able to read.

At the rate I'm going, I won't be able to read any of those series officially, unless I bought them in Japan and I wouldn't be able to read them until years and years of study of the language. ><;
(#47 (permalink))
Old
Fumouffu (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to Fumouffu Send a message via MSN to Fumouffu Send a message via Yahoo to Fumouffu
06-09-2008, 12:57 AM

Yuh, it does suck that some of those companies are closing down but there's nothing you can really do about it. I'm sure if people mentioned it before people wouldn't mind donating or buying things from the company. But there are places where people CAN'T buy their anime or manga.. you have to think about that too. You're pretty much telling those people that they can't read anymore manga or watch anymore anime so you guys can keep buying yours. I think cutting the prices would help a lot too. I own many manga and all together that's hundreds and hundreds of dollars.. 10 volumes = $100. And DvDs are around $15-30 each. There's also people like the xGatck person who really wouldn't want to spend money on seeing dubbed versions of anime and would like to see the original Japanese. Not only that, you're asking thousands and thousands of people to cut back which would be very impossible.. (Sorry, but it's true.) Not only that why not complain about the people who illegally download their music? What about them? Don't you think the artists here in America and the C.D. stores deserve some complaining too? Illegal downloading is everywhere, we can't stop it. Some people can't get their stuff.. and people have realized that.(Which is why they have free manga in the first place.) You can't make two sides happy. You're hurting the readers by trying to save the companies. I see what you're saying but it kind of hurts me when I'm seeing only this one-sided thing.. yuh it would be good for companies but what about the other people? Do you not care for them?
Anyhow, good luck trying to stop people from downloading anime and manga. Doing the impossible is pretty hard. D:

Smile and stay positive!

Living the happy life!
(#48 (permalink))
Old
EveV (Offline)
Flee from hate.

Send a message via MSN to EveV Send a message via Yahoo to EveV
06-09-2008, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fumouffu View Post
I think cutting the prices would help a lot too. I own many manga and all together that's hundreds and hundreds of dollars.. 10 volumes = $100.
There's a simple solution to that.
Buy and sell
Sell for 5 dollars ( unless it's like brand new and perfect. )
For every 2 mangas you sell you can buy one.
Or keep the money to yourself.

Libraries actually let you check out manga these days to.
You can even find a anime/manga in a thrift shop.
Or half priced book stores.
There's just soooo many deals out there you just have to look around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fumouffu View Post
You're hurting the readers by trying to save the companies.
Without the companies there are no readers.

Jesus how selfish.

No one here is trying to stop the impossible.

It's just not an easy job they don't deserve to lose it.
Without them you wouldn't know much about anime at all.

"The sky is cryin...
Can't you see the tears roll down the street?"
- Stevie Ray Vaughan

Last edited by EveV : 06-09-2008 at 01:38 AM.
(#49 (permalink))
Old
Fumouffu (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to Fumouffu Send a message via MSN to Fumouffu Send a message via Yahoo to Fumouffu
06-10-2008, 08:00 PM

But there's some people who can't buy anything, which is the sad thing. And some people don't have the money to get the mangas. I mean to some people 10 dollars is a lot, you should take that into consideration too.

And it's not that I'm saying we should KEEP doing it just to HURT the company.. I was only stating that it actually hurt the readers too and that it's kind of hard to save both the readers and the company. I feel pretty horrible about the company AND the readers. But it seems that everyone is just sad about the company and not the readers. I think maybe you guys could at least see how it hurts the readers too and try and do something about it. ]: So please read the post over before assuming the worse. And try and think about the readers just a little bit at least? That's all I'm asking. People seem to just and only worry about the companies because the companies give them what they want. "Companies gives us anime! So we're going to worry about the companies! Readers take away our companies! Darn you readeeers! Ebil ebil, ban, ban! Readers do nothing for us so we're not going to worry about them!" Is how it seems like you're saying. D: Please care for other people too..

Smile and stay positive!

Living the happy life!
(#50 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

06-10-2008, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveV View Post
Libraries actually let you check out manga these days to.
You can even find a anime/manga in a thrift shop.
Or half priced book stores.
There's just soooo many deals out there you just have to look around.

You know, my school library actually has manga volumes in it! You know, the typical culprits, Bleach and Naruto. I was actually pretty shocked to see them there, but pleased aswell. I think they are there because of a survey which was done, asking what kind of books kids wanted.