0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old
CoolNard (Offline)
Yours Rightfully Insolent

Send a message via MSN to CoolNard
04-05-2008, 09:35 AM

Lol, the latest shippuuden epsiodes are certainly pushing my adrenaline level now xD New characters at last; yay! And a whole power phase for Naruto to master ^_^ Sad that the same can't be said for the other characters though, yet.

Couple of queries, anime wise.
Hierarchically, in terms of strength:
  1. Kyuubi Naruto = Orochimaru (reference: it was mentioned that Kyuubi Naruto "pushed Orochimaru to his limits", despite not even specifying if Naruto himself was at full power at that point)
  2. Itachi > Orochimaru (reference: Sasuke claimed "neither Orochimaru nor I are a match against Itachi")
  3. Jiraiya > Itachi (reference: pretty much everyone I ask says that, and Itachi, along with Kisame, both S-ranked criminals, full-fledged Akatsuki members, ran away from Jiraiya after a failed attempt to kidnap Naruto)

Then, considering one event that took place:
Kyuubi Naruto was the only other person, besides Tsunade, who almost killed Jiraiya

Why on earth is Itachi much stronger than Orochimaru, if someone of Orochimaru's calibre had came so close to killing a legendary sannin whose power Itachi is nowhere near to?

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

04-05-2008, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolNard View Post

Why on earth is Itachi much stronger than Orochimaru, if someone of Orochimaru's calibre had came so close to killing a legendary sannin whose power Itachi is nowhere near to?
Oro isn't strong enough to beat Itachi at this moment in time!! Thats what was meant! Oro is extreemly weak right now but I wont say anything else!
Old
CoolNard (Offline)

04-05-2008, 11:08 AM

If the power of something is unrivaled, it's my confusion. I mean, there's no need to acquire knowledge on what's gonna happen in the future =| to feel this doesn't coherently add up to prior incidents in the anime, and there is a flaw in the story.

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

04-05-2008, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolNard View Post
If the power of something is unrivaled, it's my confusion. I mean, there's no need to acquire knowledge on what's gonna happen in the future =| to feel this doesn't coherently add up to prior incidents in the anime, and there is a flaw in the story.
You don't need to aquire information of future events... all you need to look at is how many times Kabuto has mentioned Oro not being "well".
Old
CoolNard (Offline)

04-05-2008, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
at this moment in time!! weak right now
Well, cognitively, the only logical thing to do after reading this is assume something happened later on which I dunno about O.o

Are you by any chance refering to the adverse effects of Orochimaru's body 'shifts'? With the power to kill The Third Hokage and parry the Kyuubi's chakra, his feeling "unwell" is kinda hard to take in.

Besides, it still doesn't explain why Jiraiya's stronger than Itachi and/or Orochimaru, even if the former and latter are technically equal in combat abilities, when Jiraiya's life got this close to being vanquished by the Kyuubi. (considering the nine tailed fox demon and Orochimaru were on an equilibrium, sort of )

Edited: Lol, if you wanna post any spoilers, you're welcome to do so xD Just give a warning and de-colorize the texts so they can only be read when highlighted. ^^

Last edited by CoolNard : 04-05-2008 at 03:18 PM.
Old
CelestialChild (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to CelestialChild
04-05-2008, 06:43 PM

We need a manga version discussion thread. The current chapters are way ahead of the anime, and it's been OH!SNAP! with every page.
Old
yinmehyuga (Offline)
JF Regular

would you join the akatsuki or orochimaru - 04-09-2008, 11:05 AM

akatsuki all the way
Old
iMBATMAN (Offline)
New to JF

04-09-2008, 11:43 AM

because Orochimaru nearly is the best... i should say orochimaru ^^

sorry for my english
Old